Saturday, December 20, 2008

Being a Mom

Mom with her awesome fro' and Ben.

Mom and me and my awesome fro'!


Mom always told me the only thing she ever wanted to be was a mom. She said in school when all the kids were supposed to think of what they wanted to be when they grew up, being a mom was the only thing on her list. You could tell being raised by her that her kids were her main priority. That is what made my childhood wonderful and this world with out her so scary and hard. I love her so much, and the holidays are always especially hard, now with Grandpa gone it is even harder. But knowing that she's with her dad somehow makes me feel better.

~Brein

1 comment:

Marty Jensen said...

Yes, you're right - she loved her kids and there wasn't anything she wouldn't do for them. I learned that my place as number one in her life was a tenuous position. It seemed as though she had many number ones in her life. I'm just glad that I was one of those. It amazes me to this day that I was blessed to have her.