Monday, December 22, 2008

Silly

I was really excited to see Aariel & Brein post some cute memories & pictures of mom, so it inspired me to do the same. I have so many seemingly insignificant memories of mom but they are all that I have so that makes them very significant in my life.
Simple memories like after getting my tonsils out, she rubbed lotion on my back & gave me back tickles. Or asking early in the morning if I could go wake up the baby (Joseph) and her telling me in one minute I could, so I counted to 60 as fast as I could and ran to wake him up. Poor mom! Even trying to take naps with her on the couch but never falling asleep. Waiting in the kitchen for her to get off the phone, knowing that as soon as she said "okie dokie" she would be done soon.
I am so proud to be hers & my dads. I am so proud of my family and how far we have come since the loss of such a precious family member. I really hope that people can get some joy out of our little silly memories of our beautiful mother, wife & friend.
~Madi

No comments: