Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Funerals

Well as you know we just buried my mother-in-law.  :(  It has really gotten me thinking about my funeral one day.  For the record... there shall be NO double chin pictures of me up, not in my obituary or anywhere else, even if I'm heavier at that time than I am now!  Anyway onto my Mom memory...

When Mom was sick and knew she was dying, she told me what she wanted for her funeral.  

She wanted her casket to be carried in the back of a van, our van if possible.  She said she didn't like hearses because they were sad.

She didn't want a luncheon afterwards, she wanted a PARTY with nothing but CHOCOLATE! She wanted us all to have fun and talk about all the good times we had with her.

Well she never got those things.  :(  Dad said the hearse came with the package.  And no one was in the mood for a party at all.  I remember rolls, and funeral potatoes , but I don't remember any chocolate.  Not saying there wasn't any, just none I can remember.

Oh ya and I forgot, when posting don't forget to add your name at the bottom!

~Brein

No comments: